Brenham Pot Caretakers Busted
Two men have been indicted on charges in connection with a 3,000-plant marijuana-growing operation in Southeast Texas.
A federal grand jury in Austin on Tuesday indicted 38-year-old Jose Evaristo Rivera, a Honduran national, and 27-year-old Evertte Gonzalez, a Mexican national. Each is charged with one count of conspiracy to manufacture over 1,000 marijuana plants and one count of manufacturing marijuana plants.
They face from 10 years to life in federal prison if convicted.
Court documents say Rivera and Gonzalez were on-site caretakers for four marijuana fields near Brenham, about 70 miles northwest of Houston.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in San Antonio says agents with the Drug Enforcement Administration discovered the fields last month while conducting an aerial operation.
Get the DWI Dude App!
- Boating While Intoxicated on 4th of July
- Can I get busted for driving under the influence of marijuana?
- Is the smell of marijuana probable cause for police to search your car?
- Can you be ordered out of your car for a previous arrest record?
- Avoid a DWI with The DWI Dude